Pragati Scholarship Scheme is launched in an attempt to promote the Education of Girls in Technical Courses across India and give them financial aid. Pragati Scheme 2019 was launched by The All India Council of Technical Education to provide assistance to girls in pursuing a career in technical education and Empower Women Through Technical Education.
It provides scholarship to 4000 women from across India- 2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma, giving them a financial hand in their education.
Four thousand Women are selected according to their eligibility and awarded with INR 30,000. As sum of INR 2000 is given every month for 10 months each year.
PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Check the eligibility criteria for Pragati Scholarship Scheme before applying online. The following points should be kept in mind along with the list of documents mentioned below required for applying the Pragati Scholarship Scheme.
The first criteria for eligibility for Pragati Scholarship is that the girl applying must be a student of All India Council of Technical Education approved College. Here are the other eligibility criteria are listed below
- The candidate must be a 1st-year student of an AICTE approved college, admitted through CAP of State/Central Government.
- Annual Family Income of the candidate should be less than INR 8 Lakh in the last Financial year. If the candidate is married, the incomes of the Husband and his family are considered. Here, the higher income of the two is considered.
- There is a limit of two girl applicants per family.
If you qualify the above-mentioned Eligibility criteria, then you can apply for Pragati Scholarship along with the following documents:
- Class X/XII/other mark sheets as applicable.
- Annual Family Income Certificate for the last Financial Year issued by a government officer of rank Tehsildar or higher.
- Admission letter issued by the Directorate of Technical Education for the concerned Degree or Diploma course.
- Certificate issued by the Head of Institute/Principal/Director.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book mentioning Account Number, IFSC Code, and Photograph
- Caste certificate, if applicable, for SC/ST/OBC Category.
- Aadhar Card
- Declaration signed by parents of the candidate stating that all the information provided by their ward is correct and in case of discrepancy will refund the Scholarship amount.
With the above documents, you can apply for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme. Here is how you can do it!
HOW TO APPLY FOR PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
Candidates can apply for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme through the AICTE Portal Online. Follow the steps below for the entire application procedure:
- Create a new account by registering on the AICTE Portal. This would require basic personal details.
- After the registration, an email will be sent to the candidate’s email id, as filled on the initial registration. The mail will include a confirmation email link which is required to verify the email id. Click on the link to confirm the email.
- Now, with the login details i.e, the registered email and password, logon to your AICTE Account.
- Fill the Pragati Scholarship application form with all the correct details including personal details, family income, family details, education details, bank details, and other required details.
- The candidate must upload scanned copies of all the required documents.
- Once the candidate has entered all the details correctly, she can submit the application form.
Let’s now see what are the rewards and features of Pragati Scholarship.
PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP FEATURES AND REWARDS
- The total number of scholarships awarded each year is 4000. This includes 2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma.
- The scholarship is awarded to eligible girls from across the India who are pursuing Technical Education in an AICTE approved College and with family income less than 8 lakh per annum in las Financial year
- REWARD: The amount awarded to each winner of the Pragati Scholarship is Rs. 30,000 or the actual Tuition fees of the College, deciding whichever is lesser. In addition to this, a sum of Rs. 2,000 is given each month for 10 months every year as a part of incidental charges.
If there is a tuition fee waiver, the candidate is eligible to Rs. 30,000 for the purchase of Laptop/Desktop/ Vehicle/Books/Equipment/Softwares/fee paid for any competitive exam or application form.
- There is a reservation of 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
- There is a limit of 2 girls per family for the Pragati Scholarship.
So, this was all about the Pragati Scholarship Scheme. In an attempt to attract more females to Technical education and support them in this field, the AICTE is taking up many initiatives, one of which Pragati Scholarship Scheme has benefitted thousands of girls from across India in their Higher Education in Technical Field.
Hope this article was of help! Keep reading for more schemes and scholarships launched by the Government in various fields. Stay connected to get updated with all of them!