UAN Login Passbook
An UAN stands for A Universal Account Number and the UAN passbook is allotted by retirement fund body. In this, you will get your establishment ID and member ID. You are able to know yours PF member ID by using this EPF passbook. UAN works as an umbrella for the allotment of multiple Member Ids to an individual by the user of the different establishment.
Process to Get your Universal Account Number (UAN)
Your company will provide you the UAN when EPFO allots it to the employee and here we have some important steps from which you can get your Universal Account Number Passbook from the EPFO UAN portal.
- First of all, you have to visit its official link.
- Click on the tab UAN status.
- Now the second step is to select your state and enter your UAN number.
- At last, click on the tab check status.
- If EPFO had already allotted your UAN number, then a message appears that your UAN number is allotted kindly get your UAN number from your company.
How to Activate your Universal Account Number Passbook for PF?
- Visit on the official website and click on active registration.
- Select the tab I had read all the terms and policies.
- Fill the information asked by the website such as your UAN number, mobile number, state, office and EPF number etc.
- Enter the characters shown the box and click on the get pin tab.
- Submit the OTP which you had received on your mobile number which you had registered at the time of UAN registration.
- The last step is to enter a strong password and your email id and click on submit.
- Now your UAN number is active.
Whenever you want to login to your UAN account enter the password and email id you which you have submitted at the time of registration of your UAN account. After login to your UAN account online you can do many things like downloading your passbook, and UAN card, you can edit your personal details like mobile number, email id, KYC and your password. You can claim for transfer (this option is not active now will be activated soon. Also you can check latest EPF interest rate for the F.Y 2018.
Benefits of UAN Passbook
- You are able to download your UAN card and operate your EPF account.
- You can check your transferred claims.
- With the help of UAN, you are able to upload your KYC documents on online (scanned copies) which are verified by you.
- Add your previous member ID’s on this.
- If you are an account holder then you can check your balance online and for this, you just have to download your EPF passbook.
- You get the advantage to transfer the funds from the old employer and this is one of the biggest advantages of this.
The Benefit of Greater Retirement: Earlier it was a very complex and time killing process, earlier UAN subscribers prefer to withdraw the fund instead of transferring the fund to another account. It results after the Retirement of the subscriber they received a less amount of pension. Now a days due to ease of transferring the fund the subscriber will receive a higher pension amount.
Important points for view & Download UAN Passbook
- Only the members who are registered on the Unified Member Portal can view their passbook.
- A unified member can view their passbook only after 6 hours of successful registration.
- If you had made any changes in the login credentials than it will be effective only after 6 hours.
- The passbook facility is not available for settled members, inoperative members, and exempted members.
Conclusion for UAN PassBook
The UAN passbook has the same functions as usual the bank passbook. You can see the entry of each month. Each row will show the EPF contribution made by you and your company. With the help of the UAN passbook, you can track the contribution record. The contribution amount of your EPF depends on your current salary. The contribution will increase if your current salary increases. Your company contribution is less than the contribution made by you. It is because a part of your company’s share is used for pension account.